Thursday, October 15, 2015

All The Way from France (via Washington State)

 Kevin from The Card Papoy shops smart. He doesn't let an ocean come between trade partners, and this time around he let COMC do the mailing for him, ordering some trade pieces online and then shipping them direct rather than having them cross the Atlantic twice.
 Big swatch from a Kennys uniform. If he wasn't a giant, I would believe that the 49 cards could make one complete jersey. I really like the Immaculate Collection, they are doing a real nice job making up for the lack of a license.
 If you touch your right ear to your right shoulder, the patch looks a little like the French Flag! This is an awesome looking patch in person. You can't be upset about no license here, the tri-color patch is practically the whole logo. Both of these Kennys are new additions to my collection, and very welcome ones at that.
Paul is definitely in a Brewers uniform and Rod is definitely in an Angels Road jersey, but if Panini says "Minnesota" who am I to argue? I am very happy to see a card with these two guys together - it's a pairing of guys you wouldn't necessarily group together but actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it. Hall of Famers and 3,000 hit club members. Very Very cool.

Thanks so much Kevin, sending some stuff your way very soon!

6 comments:

  1. I love Immaculate. The checklist was great for Pirates this year. Kevin sent some great stuff. That Vargas patch is really nice.

    Kevin loves PANINI!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Immaculate and Diamond Kings restore my faith in Panini - I hope they will get the MLB license some day.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if they count your scratch card as my account....(I got one myself, with a $3 rebate on shipping, so if yours is better, feel free to use it !)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used one yet, so I am not 100% sure how work, but I think they are transferable - you log in and enter the code on the scratch card, so it would be tied to whomever logged in. (I think).
      Thanks again!

      Delete
    2. you know what, you make way more sense than me. I don't see them having a spreadsheet with which card they sent to which member...I watch way too much sports on Tv

      Delete
  3. Tri-color patches: the best thing since pizza scissors. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete