Sunday, October 7, 2018

Cleaning Up at the Card Show


Now that the regular season is over, and the Twins are well out of any playoff conversation, the card show this weekend seemed almost glum. The temperature had dipped into the 30s and the sky was grey and gloomy, none of which helped matters.


I focused my efforts on missing Twins from 2018 releases, now less in demand then previous shows.


One vendor had a binder full of just Barry Sanders cards, and now I think I have football cards completely out of my system.


There was "a smattering of random crap" (the vendor's words, not mine) and I found several fun additions inside.


There's also a vendor who brings monster boxes of cheap vintage, and a big box of dollar cards. These were listed at a buck each, but by the time all was said and done, I got about 20% off the stack. The Mattingly rookie has a serious crease heading straight for his back, so that's probably why it was just a buck. Big Dave Winfield is a '77 OPC, if the severe off-center cut was not enough to reveal that.

5 comments:

  1. Me Too (not a lot of luck for me this weekend either).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next card show I attend (whenever that may be) will be heavily focused on the 2018 scraps I need as well. Hopefully I find a copy of that Mauer for my "tip of the cap" collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, I would've loved to have been able to look through that Barry Sanders binder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Jordan is a sweet find! As a Jordan collector, I haven't seen too many of those around over the years.

    ReplyDelete