Friday, April 13, 2018

Time to Celebrate a Dime Box Delivery


Nick from the fantastic Dime Boxes Blog sent over a mailer full of gems - as always, great care went into this eclectic mix of cardboard greatness!


Every era of Twins baseball was represented, and every level of the organization, including this great Denard Span minors card that I'd never seen before!


While I will talk incessantly about Joe Mauer's 2000th hit last night, the other storyline was Jose Berrios making the White Sox look silly for seven shutout innings. Berrios struck out 11 batters and allowed just three hits. After three super long marathon games against the Astros, it was a welcome change of pace for Berrios coming in and blowing through the Sox lineup in a couple hours.


I'd never seen this Puckett Glow Stars Sticker before either - and both Carews are new to me.


Nick brings the new hotness with cards from 2018, Kepler was the Hero on Wednesday, hitting 2 loud line drive home runs including the game winner.


Some horizontal heroes! The Killebrew card is embossed / 3-D with his floating head sticking up and jumping off the card.


There were of course tons of parallels too! I love the foil palm trees jutting out over Cristian Guzman's head.


And some vintage too!


Whenever I get cards from Nick, I see stuff I've never seen before. It's always a treat! Thanks so much Nick, I should have some cards headed back your way soon!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed everything, my friend! I didn't even know that fantastic '91 SC Morris existed until a few months ago, and before I knew it, I somehow had two copies. Glad I was able to find the other one -- and all these other Twinkies -- a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ortiz looks so small! Is that Alomar behind the plate with Cordova? Both Clubs are sweet shots. Appear to be from the same game but my eyes fail me at times.

    ReplyDelete