Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Paxton A Punch


I know I missed the Dodgers' combined no hitter, but I'll excuse myself since I don't think I have cards of any of those 4 guys in Dodger unis. The Donruss card above is the only 2018 James Paxton card I've pulled so far. 


No hitters are cool no matter what, but what made this one special was that it happened in Paxton's home country of Canada. In fact, all 3 no-hitters so far this season have happened in 3 different countries - Paxton in Canada, the Dodgers in Mexico, and Manaea in the U.S.

Congratulations to James Paxton, tossing the 6th no hitter in Mariners' history! He's only the second Canadian to toss a no-no, after Dick Fowler did it way back in 1945.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm.. I highlighted the same things.. lol Though I only have one of the cards you show here.. I also have the 2015 Topps..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that you also added a couple cards of Dick Fowler, that's pretty cool!

      Delete
  2. Book it - next MLB no no will occur in next year's British Invasion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be appropriate to have a low score,just like a soccer matches ,I mean football match.

      Delete